Mortgage Loan Underwriter II
A Mortgage Loan Underwriter II reviews a mortgage loan portfolio with a credit limit of $650,000 to determine a credit decision as well as compliance with all bank and investor loan-to-value and documentation requirements.
What You Will Be Doing
- Confirming maximum loan amount and LTV requirements
- Determining earned income amount(s) through analysis of employment verification documentation and/or tax return(s)
- Documenting sufficient assets to close
- Determining adequacy of credit documentation provided (verifications and supporting data)
- Ability to comprehend and accurately interpret credit reports and credit reporting requirements
- Analyzing risks and make a final credit decision for the application
- Reviewing the loan file for compliance with all regulatory requirements needed at initial application: TIL, good faith estimate, servicing transfer disclosure and authorization
- Issuing loan approval/commitment or notice of adverse action in a timely manner
What You Need for this Position
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong comprehensive working knowledge of underwriting/qualifying requirements for financial institutions and secondary market investors, including FHA, VA, FMHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and private companies
|Employment Type: Regular Employee|
|Requisition #: req1077|
#1 First Missouri Center
Chesterfield, Missouri, 63141
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.