Mortgage Hazard Insurance Clerk
A knowledgeable Mortgage Hazard Insurance Clerk is responsible for the payment of mortgage premiums and new loan setup for insurance purposes with regard to all mortgage loans serviced by the company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Paying hazard insurance premiums according to established guidelines; including force placed premiums.
- Ensuring the policy has adequate coverage, insurance company has proper rating and mortgage clause is correct.
- Sending correspondence to appropriate parties regarding changes in policies or companies.
- Coordinating requests to change non-escrow accounts to escrow if force placed premiums are not paid.
- Setting up all insurance information for new loans on computer verifying policy, coverage, insurance company rating and mortgage clause.
- Working with foreclosure department to ensure proper coverage. Notifies insurance company when foreclosure occurs.
- Communicating daily with customers and insurance agents via phone.
- Handling customer inquiries regarding their escrow account and escrow analysis.
- Receiving policy cancellation notice, inputs information into computer and sends appropriate letter to borrower.
- Handling insurance loss drafts and works with the borrower and contractor.
- Requesting letters to send borrower if renewal policy is not received 20 days prior to renewal.
- Serving as back up for paying Private Mortgage Insurance and Real Estate Taxes.
What You Need for this Position
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED);
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in the real estate loan insurance industry or applicable mortgage background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Homeowner's insurance.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
|Employment Type: Regular Employee|
|Requisition #: req1108|
#1 First Missouri Center
Chesterfield, Missouri, 63141
Be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and clients. Consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family, you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.
At First Bank one of our biggest strengths is the diversity of our people. Our mission is to capitalize on the diversity of our associates and promote personal and professional development throughout every area of the organization. We encourage diversity by actively seeking employees from various backgrounds, walks of life, and job skills. We strongly encourage you to apply whenever a First Bank job opportunity interests you.